Warm Weather Conservation Tips
- Keep the coils of your central or window air conditioner free of dust and dirt.
- Make sure the output of your air conditioner is right for the size of your room or house to ensure optimum efficiency and comfort.
- Change or clean your air conditioning filter monthly during the cooling season to improve efficiency and the life of your air conditioner.
- Look for an air conditioning unit that is ENERGY STAR® approved.
- Cook on the grill to keep cooking heat outside the home.
- Install reflective window coatings to reflect heat away from your home.
- During the day, block the heat from the sun by closing windows, doors and curtains.
- During the hot summer afternoons, avoid using appliances.
- Open windows on cool summer days and nights. A good rule of thumb is not to open windows when the outside temperature is warmer than the inside of your house.