Cold Weather Conservation Tips
Buhrmaster wants to help you conserve! Follow these cold weather energy-saving tips and you'll find a decrease in your annual energy bills.
- Correct air leaks around windows, doors and electrical outlets.
- Repair weather stripping and caulking.
- Replace any cracked glass in your windows.
- Make sure your ceiling has at least six inches of insulation.
- Wrap your pipes to guard against heat loss and freezing.
- Have your fireplace chimney cleaned and inspected regularly.
- Check the threshold for any gaps between it and the door; use a bottom seal that can be attached to the door to stop drafts.
- Get a heating system tune-up before the heating season begins.
- Keep ductwork in good repair with duct insulation.
- Remove air conditioning units from windows.
- Close your kitchen vent, fireplace damper and closet doors when not in use.