Customers on automatic delivery can rest assured of uninterrupted warmth. As an automatic delivery customer, you won't need to worry about checking your oil tank or running low on fuel - especially during those cold winter months. Buhrmaster monitors your home's heat use with its state-of-the-art computer system and "degree day" equation, along with weather conditions, and automatically schedules when you should receive your oil delivery. Automatic delivery is not only convenient, but you will benefit from peace-of-mind comfort all season long, for Buhrmaster Energy will deliver your fuel when you need it!
Facts You Should Know About Oilheat
- It's Popular - More than 10 million homes and businesses in North America depend on the comfort and savings of Oilheat — 100,000-plus homes have converted from electric heat to oil since 1991 alone!
- It's Efficient - Modern Oilheat systems perform at 85% efficiency - or higher!
- It's Clean - Modern Oilheat systems are among the cleanest of combustion devices. Recent research reveals that oil is better for the environment than many electric plants, and is as environmentally friendly as gas.
- It's Abundant - Buhrmaster Energy Group maintains a constant supply to your heating oil storage tank, safely and conveniently stored on your property.
- It's Cost-Effective - Oilheat was less expensive than natural gas in New York State in 12 of the last 20 years (Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration)
- It's Safe - Heating oil is non-explosive and at room temperature will even extinguish a lit match.
- It's Warmer - An Oilheat flame burns 300 degrees hotter than natural gas, heating your home and water faster than gas ever could. Tests prove that heating oil typically heats household water 2-3 times faster than electric or gas heat — at about half the cost!
Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil
In July 2012, home heating oil in New York State became a lot greener. The reason? The ultra-clean, ultra-efficient, and ultra-environmentally friendly fuel known as ultra-low sulfur heating oil — ULSHO for short.
In 2010, New York State approved a switch to ultra-low sulfur heating oil, which reduces sulfur content in the fuel by 99%. The law went into effect on July 1, 2012.
Modern Oilheat has always been a clean fuel — so clean it boasts near-zero emissions. ULSHO is the cleanest Oilheat you can buy. While sulfur levels found in the "old Oilheat" averaged 2,000 parts per million, ULSHO has a sulfur content of 15 parts per million.
Benefits of ULSHO:
- Heating equipment that runs on ULSHO requires less maintenance.
- Using ULSHO could also help your heating system operate more efficiently.
- According to the Consumer Energy Council of America, ULSHO reduces emissions by over 70% compared to traditional heating fuel.
- When combined with the reduced global warming potential produced by biofuel blends known as Bioheat®, ultra-low sulfur heating oil can be shown to be the environmental fuel of choice for home heating.
With innovations like ULSHO, you can rest assured that Oilheat is the fuel of the future — good for heating systems, the environment ... and you!